Rental of Our Events Space is Governed by the Following:
ALEGRIA BARN RENTAL AGREEMENT
The Alegria Barn and “licensee” XXXXXXXXXXX enter into this rental agreement for the purpose of using the barn, porches and immediate surrounding area for parking, which is operated by Alegria Barn, LLC.
The event is for XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Using the location beginning at XXXXXX and ending at XXXXX on the date:
Licensee acknowledges that areas of the Alegria Barn property undergo periodic seasonal changes, such as but not limited to: water restrictions, rain, other severe weather conditions and unforeseen circumstances that may affect the said areas. In such a situation, Alegria staff will attempt to accommodate Licensee by moving the parking area to a more suitable area. In severe weather, Alegria staff reserves the right to cancel the event. ______(initial)
- Permission for Licensee to use the barn and immediate surrounding area is granted with Licensee’s agreement that Licensee assumes full responsibility for all loss, injury, and/or damage arising out of the use of the barn and its surrounding areas and agreement to release, hold harmless and indemnify Alegria Barn, LLC for all loss, damage, and claims arising out of such use. ______(initial)
- Licensee has received a copy of, read and agreed to the Alegria Barn Rental Policies associated with this contract. __________(initial)
GENERAL RENTAL POLICIES
FEES. Licensee agrees to pay Alegria Barn, LLC for the use of the facility identified in this contract. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all rental fees are due no later than thirty (30) days before the scheduled event date or at the time the reservation is made if it is less than thirty (30) days before the event.
Payments can be made to:
Alegria Barn, LLC
15045 S. State Hwy 16,
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
The rental fee includes use of the barn, porches and immediate surrounding areas, parking, indoor tables and chairs operated by Alegria Barn LLC. All charges and fees due to any vendor hired by Licensee are the sole responsibility of Licensee. The Licensee hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Alegria Barn, LLC for all vendor fees.
GENERAL RENTAL POLICIES CONTINUED
- Alegria management is present for all events including during all set-up and clean-up times. Alegria management’s role is to protect the integrity of the facility. Alegria management is present to help with questions and to make sure all facility guidelines and rules are being met. In no way is the Alegria manager an event coordinator or wedding planner.
- Alegria management is present during the scheduled wedding rehearsal and/or photo session. These are complimentary hours included in the rental and must be scheduled with Alegria management. Rehearsal is limited to 1.5-hours. The complimentary photo session is limited to 2-hours. Please plan accordingly as being tardy counts against the scheduled hours.
- Licensees seeking to use Alegria Barn for an event will assume full responsibility for the conduct of all persons attending the event. The licensee will be responsible for any damage done to the premises by the renter’s guests or independent contractors. All licensees will be required to conduct the event in an orderly manner in full compliance with all applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations. Failure to comply with rules and guidelines set by Alegria Barn, LLC may result in the forfeit of the security deposit.
- Any requested variations from the standard rental policy or other special considerations of exemptions must be submitted in writing and approved by Alegria management. A copy of the approved exception must be on file. Alegria management will allow only special considerations that are contained on file. No verbal agreements are valid.
- Violation of the rental policy for Alegria Barn, LLC may result in cancellation of event without a refund of security deposit or rental fees, and may preclude applicant from future use of the facilities. Failure to comply with the rules and guidelines set by Alegria Barn, LLC may result in the forfeit of the security deposit.
- Licensee must provide proof of commercial general liability insurance acceptable to Alegria Barn, LLC’s management in its sole discretion with a combined single limit of one million dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence and two million dollars ($2,000,000) annual aggregate naming Alegria Barn, LLC as the additional insured. Proof of coverage must be presented to Alegria management must be provided no later than 30 days prior to the event date. No exceptions.
DEPOSITS AND REFUNDS.
- The rental deposit of XXXXXXX for total services cost must be paid, executed and delivered to Alegria Barn, LLC to confirm this reservation. A one-thousand-dollar ($1,000) security deposit is also required. Acceptable forms of payment include: a personal check, credit card, cashier’s check, money order or cash.
- Please note, the one- thousand-dollar ($1,000) security deposit will be cashed upon receipt.
- The security deposit is fully refundable except in the case of cancellation, if property damage occurs during the event, or unexpected services are provided for the event (i.e., additional staff time, set-up, clean-up, etc.).
- Deposits made during peak season (October, November and April) are not refundable.
- If the event is cancelled by Alegria Barn, LLC, the rental fee, deposit and any other amounts paid are refundable.
- If the event is cancelled by Licensee less than sixty (60) days before the event date the entire rental deposit, security deposit, rental fees and all other fees paid to Alegria Barn, LLC are not refundable.
- In the event of a cancellation by the Licensee made MORE than 60 days prior to the event date the rental deposit is not refundable; however, the security deposit, rental fees and any other fees paid are refundable with the exception of peak season dates.
- Security deposits will be refunded after the event. Please allow up to thirty (30) business days to receive the security deposit.
TIME ALLOWED FOR EVENTS.
- Daytime events can be scheduled between the hours of 8 A.M. and 5 P.M.
- Evening events can be scheduled between the hours of 6 P.M. and 11:30 P.M.
- Additional rental hours may be purchased at five-hundred dollars ($500) per hour.
WEDDINGS. Weddings are subject to additional policies and procedures that are outlined in the Alegria Barn Rental Policies.
- If alcohol is served security guards are required.
- One (1) security guard is required per fifty (50) guests. Security must be hired 1 hour prior to the event start time and must stay 1 hour after the event concludes.
- Proof of security must be provided to Alegria Barn, LLC thirty (30) days in advance of the event date. If proof of security is not provided thirty (30) days prior to the event date, Alegria Barn, LLC will hire security on behalf of the Licensees at a rate of fifty dollars ($50) per hour, per security guard. These charges will be deducted from the Licensees security deposit.
PHOTOGRAPHY. Licensee is responsible for hiring and paying the photographer.
AV REQUIREMENTS. A/V equipment must be rented through Alegria Barn, LLC or through a professional vendor. No personal equipment is allowed.
USES RESTRICTIONS. The Alegria Barn name may not be used by the Licensee except in invitations as the location for the event. The event space may not be used for any purpose other than as specified in Alegria Barn Rental Policies. All pertinent information regarding the event must be submitted to the Alegria Barn, LLC event management for approval at least thirty (30) days prior to the event. Alegria management reserves the right to reject any aspect of the event in its sole discretion.
- All food must be prepared and served by a professional caterer. Any caterer not adhering to the Alegria Barn Rental Policies will be removed from providing services for future events at Alegria Barn.
- Alegria Barn, LLC does not provide any catering equipment. The catering company is responsible for any equipment rented for their use.
- The catering company must provide Alegria Barn, LLC with adequate insurance.
- The licensees should coordinate with the cater that the clean-up of food, utensils, beverages, garbage and recyclable materials is the caterer’s responsibility.
- The licensees should make their catering company aware that Alegria Barn is an environmentally friendly facility. Caterers must use environmentally friendly serving wear: recyclable plastic, glass plates, bamboo plates or cardboard plates. In order to preserve the environment, we do not allow bottled water, foam, Styrofoam plates or cups. The catering company is encouraged to provide guests with water stations.
TABLES AND CHAIRS. Standard indoor tables and chairs are included in the rental fee.
DÉCOR/SET – UP AND CLEAN-UP.
- All decoration plans must be provided to Alegria management. Decorations may not be attached in such a way so as to harm or leave any type of damage or mark on the property.
- Decorations are limited to table decorations and/or free-standing displays or signs. No nails, screws, zip ties, fishing line, push pins, metal hooks, adhesives, scotch tape or other material of any such nature may be driven into or placed on any interior or exterior wall, trees or fixtures.
- Event set-up and clean-up times will be provided by Alegria management.
- In advance of the scheduled event date, the wedding planner, event coordinator or bride will select the desired day of floor plan with Alegria management. Alegria management will arrange tables and chairs one time only according to the client selected floor plan. Changes to the selected floor plan will result in a two-hundred and fifty-dollar ($250) labor fee. This fee will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Set-up and clean-up times allow the Licensee to set up, dismantle or remove all supplies, decorations, flowers, equipment, materials and personal items from the barn, porches and immediate area unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- Additional, full hourly fees of two-hundred and fifty dollars ($250) will be charged for any part of an hour that exceeds the discussed clean-up time.
- Additional set-up/clean-up hours may be purchased a two-hundred and fifty dollars ($250) per hour.
RENTAL ITEMS. All rental equipment must be delivered the day of the event. For a daytime event, rentals should be removed the day of the event. For evening events all rentals should be removed the evening of the event unless otherwise discussed with Alegria management. Alegria management is not responsible for loss of or damage to rental items.
- Alegria Barn, LLC does not hold a liquor or beer and wine license and does not provide alcohol.
- Alcohol must be served by TABC certified bartender(s) over the age of 18 years old. Only a non-profit organization may utilize volunteer(s) who are TABC certified to serve beverages. The licensee has requested that Alegria Barn, LLC assist in setting up the bartending service.
- All alcohol must be purchased or provided by the Licensee or caterer.
- Licensee, caterer or bar service company must comply with all Gillespie County and Texas State laws regulating the distribution of alcoholic beverages.
- Licensee, caterer or bar service will not serve liquor to minors or anyone who is intoxicated.
- TABC does not allow donated alcohol to be sold during the event. Please do not ask Alegria management to make any exceptions.
- Alcohol must be delivered the day of the event and is not allowed to be stored onsite after the event.
- Guests may not bring in outside alcohol of any kind.
- It is required that liquor, beer and wine be served in cups or cans only. Glass wine bottles are allowed to be utilized; however, it is requested that arrangements be made for them to be recycled.
- A last call for alcohol policy is in place at Alegria Barn. A last call announcement should be made thirty (30) minutes prior to the conclusion of the event. The licensee should inform their alcohol vendor of this policy.
- The legal drinking age in Texas is twenty-one (21) years old. Security guards will ask anyone not following the law to leave the venue and will be escorted outside the property gate.
- Every member of the Alegria Barn team has the authority to limit or terminate alcohol services to any individual exhibiting symptoms of intoxication. By choosing Alegria Barn to host your event, you agree to share responsibility for protecting your guests and the public from overconsumption of alcohol by encouraging and enforcing these policies.
INDEMNIFICATION AND INSURANCE. LICENSEE COVENANTS NOT TO SUE AND AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND, individually or collectively Alegria Barn, LLC, members, owners, agents, employees, volunteers and/or representatives (“Releasees”) from and against any and all costs, claims, liens, damages, losses, expenses, fees, attorney’s fees, fines, penalties, proceedings, actions, demands, causes of action, liability, and suits of any kind and nature, including but not limited to, personal or bodily injury, death and property damage, or failure to comply with federal, state, and county laws, ordinances, or rules, threatened or made upon the Releasees, or any of them, arising out of, resulting from, or concerning Licensee’s use of the Alegria Barn, LLC event space (the “Claim”).
- It is the express intent of the parties to this Agreement that the obligations imposed by this Agreement include the RELEASE of and obligation to INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND the Releasees or any of them from the CONSEQUENCES OF HIS, HER OR ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE.
- Licensee shall advise the Alegria Barn, LLC’s management promptly in writing of any Claim and shall investigate and defend any Claim at Licensee’s expense. Any Releasee may at his, her or its option and expense participate in the defense of a Claim without relieving Licensee of any of his, her, or its obligations.
ALEGRIA BARN RENTAL AGREEMENT.
- Attachments to this Agreement are fully incorporated into this Agreement, are made a part of it for all purposes and are binding on all parties. No verbal agreements are valid.
- The captions of this Agreement are for the convenience of the reader only, are not part of this Agreement and do not in any way limit or amplify the terms and provisions of this Agreement.
CONSTRUCTION OF THE AGREEMENT.
The terms and provisions of this Agreement are to be interpreted and
construed in accordance with their usual and customary meanings, and the parties waive and disclaim in connection with the interpretation and construction of this Agreement any rule of law or procedure requiring otherwise, including, without limitation any rule to the effect that ambiguous or conflicting terms or provisions contained in this Agreement are to be interpreted or construed against the party who prepared this Agreement.
This Agreement is to be governed, interpreted, construed and enforced under the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflict of laws rules. All obligations of the parties created by this Agreement are performable in Gillespie County.
RENTAL INFORMATION SUMMARY.
A form of summary of the basic terms of agreement for the event is attached and will be completed and signed by Licensee and Alegria Barn, LLC.
EXECUTED this XXXX day of XXXXXXXX.
Alegria Barn, LLC
15045 S. State Hwy 16
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624
Print Name: Alegria Staff
Printed Name: ______________________
City: _________________ State: __________ Zip: _____
ALEGRIA BARN RENTAL POLICIES GENERAL INFORMATION AND GUIDELINES FOR CLIENT AND VENDORS
Alegria Barn, LLC is pleased to make available certain areas of the 200-acre ranch for special use by the public. In order to protect the 200+ year old interior of the barn and the surrounding environment, all Licensees their guests and independent contractors are expected to be aware of and abide by the following guidelines.
- Alegria Barn, LLC is not available for rent during the following holidays: Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day or December 24/25th
- Alegria Barn, LLC is rented “as is”. Many of the barn’s facilities include antique furniture, art work, benches, outdoor furniture, plants and trees. These assets are not to be in any way moved, removed, changed, altered or destroyed.
- Golf carts and other vehicles owned by Alegria Barn, LLC may not be used by the Licensee. Licensee and vendors are allowed to drive in designated areas only for loading and unloading purposes. Alegria Barn, LLC does not provide ladders or setup equipment.
- Alegria Barn, LLC is an environmentally friendly facility.
- Floral arrangements must arrive to the venue assembled.
- Due to the historic nature of the barn, open flames are not allowed. The only exception to this rule is candles in hurricane holders that are 1-inch below the rim of the holder and votives.
- The placing of any equipment, tables, chairs and/or decorations is not permitted without permission of Alegria management. Dragging of tables across the floor is prohibited.
- Dancing is permitted indoors and/or outdoors. Dancing is not permitted in the upstairs loft area.
- Electrical service and lighting are limited in many areas. If additional electrical or lighting is desired, an electrical/lighting plan must be submitted in writing and approved by Alegria management. Alegria management is responsible for arranging and supervising additional services. The licensee is responsible for paying for these additional services.
- Pets are not permitted on the grounds, except for service animals in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Smoking is permitted in designated smoking areas surrounding Alegria Barn.
- Guests are allowed in specific areas only as designated by management. Because of limited lighting in many areas beyond the porches all guests are discouraged against venturing down to the creek after dark.
- Crossing over the dam to adjacent private property is not allowed.
- The archway for wedding ceremony is a permanent structure and may not be removed.
- Throwing of or use of the following items is prohibited indoors and outdoors. Rice, confetti, potpourri and glitter. Flower petals, birdseed and sparklers are allowed outdoors. Sparklers must be approved by Alegria management.
- Under no circumstances should trash i.e. cups, plates or napkins be thrown in the creek or grassy areas. Nothing including water or ice is to be dumped on grass, flowers or shrubs.
ALEGRIA BARN DETAILS
Nestled on 220 acres right off Highway 16, this 200+ year old reconstructed New Hampshire dairy Barn sits adjacent to Wolf Creek in Gillespie County.
INDOORS FACILITY: 200+ years old reconstructed dairy barn from New Hampshire with loft and covered outside porches for additional seating
OUTDOORS FACILITY: 200- acres of Texas Hill Country views and terrain
DAYTIME EVENTS: 8 A.M. to 5 P.M. *Based on contracted time
EVENING EVENTS: 6 P.M. to 11:30 P.M. *Based on contracted time
I-10 CORRIDOR FROM CENTRAL TEXAS
TRAVELING FROM SAN ANTONIO
- Take I-10 West to Kerrville
- Exit #508 (Do not exit before that or you’ll add 30 miles to your trip)
- Turn right at bottom of the ramp, driving AWAY from Kerrville. You will be traveling on Hwy 16 towards Fredericksburg
- Gate entrance is on the right, approximately 6.5 miles from I-10
- Once you turn in, follow the stacked rock wall towards the barn
The trip will take approximately 1 hour from central San Antonio.
AN APPROACH FROM THE NORTH OR EAST ON STATE HIGHWAY 16
TRAVELING FROM FREDERICKSBURG OR AUSTIN
- Approach central Fredericksburg from the east
- Navigate to the intersection of Highway 290 and Highway 16 in Fredericksburg
- Proceed approximately 15.1 miles from the Highway 290/16 intersection
- Gate entrance will be on your left
- Once you turn in, follow the stacked rock wall towards the barn
The trip will take approximately 17 minutes from central Fredericksburg
- Corporate Events
- Business Functions
- Board Meetings
- Strategic Planning Sessions
- Private Parties
- Nonprofit fundraisers
- Team Building
- Family Reunions/Family Meetings
- Indoor/Outdoor ceremony/reception
- Offsite Meetings
- Client/Vendor Appreciation Events
- Outdoor Ceremony Occupancy:
- 200 guests (open air-not covered)
- Larger guests count can be accommodated with appropriate rentals
- Alegria Barn Reception Occupancy:
- 200 guests to include Wolf Creek porch view
- Outdoor Occupancy:
- 1,500+ guests can be accommodated with appropriate rentals
- 200+ year old historical barn
- Climate Controlled Facility
- Indoor/Outdoor Ceremony Site Options
- Outdoor Patio/Reception Space
- Features indoor floor to ceiling stone fireplace
- Large climate-controlled catering kitchen with commercial freezer, warmer, fridge and catering tables
- Dressing Room’s Available
- Onsite venue facilitator
- Complimentary 2-hour use of venue for bridal portraits/photo sessions prior to wedding scheduled at the discretion of Alegria management
- Complimentary standard white/off-white tablecloths
- (5) Farm house tables
- Complimentary round reception tables and chairs for up to 200 guests
- Stocked Restrooms
- Venue Set – Up
- Indoor/Outdoor Bar
- Indoor/Outdoor Dance Area
- Free Parking
- Outdoor Stage
- Patio Furniture
- Hill Country Views
- Views of Wolf Creek
- Handicap Accessible
- Wi-Fi Capabilities
ITEMS AVALIABLE FOR RENT
- State of the art sound system with wireless microphone, HDMI connection capabilities, audio and computer outlets – $250
- (4) Whiskey Barrels – $50 per barrel
- (4) Mini-Barrels- $15 per barrel
- (2) Whiskey Barrel bar height tables-$100 per table
- Cake Stands- $50 per stand
- Large Lanterns- $25 per lantern
- 125 (200) White Resin Chairs $5 per chair for corporate events
- 4 Cocktail tables- $20 per table
- Security Guards- $50 per guard, per hour
- White Chair Covers- $2.50 each