Rental of Our Events Space is Governed by the Following:
General Rental Policies
1) FEES. Licensee agrees to pay Hollin-Avery LTD for the use of the facility identified in this contract. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all rental fees are due no later than thirty (30) days before the scheduled event date or at the time the reservation is made if there is less than thirty (30 days) before the event. Payment can be made to: Hollin-Avery LTD, 15045 S. State Hwy 16, Fredericksburg, Tx 78624. The rental fee includes use of the barn, porches and immediate surrounding areas, parking, tables and chairs owned by Hollin-Avery LTD. All charges and fees due to any Caterer or Vendor hired by Licensee are the sole responsibility of Licensee and Licensee hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Hollin-Avery LTD for all Caterer and/or Vendor fees.
2) DEPOSITS. An initial rental deposit of five-hundred dollars ( $500) which will be credited to the rental fee, and a separate security deposit of one-thousand dollars ($1000.00 ) must be paid to Hollin-Avery LTD at the time this agreement is executed and delivered to Hollin-Avery LTD. Credit card, cashier’s check, money order and cash are all acceptable forms of payment. A personal check can be accepted for the security deposit.
3) REFUNDS. If the event is cancelled by Hollin-Avery LTD, the rental fee deposit and any other amounts paid will be refunded. If the event is cancelled by Licensee sixty (60) days or more before the event date, then the rental deposit will not be refunded, but all of the security deposit and other fees paid to Hollin-Avery LTD are refundable. the ENTIRE rental deposit, security deposit, rental fees and all other fees paid to Hollin- Avery will not be refunded.
4) TIME ALLOWED FOR EVENTS. Daytime events held during normal business hours of 9:00AM-5:00PM can be scheduled in increments of three (3) hours. Set-up for daytime events can be scheduled for 1.5 hours before the event starts. Evening events can be scheduled for up to 5.5 hours (6:00PM-11:30PM), four hours set up time (1:00PM-5:00PM) and one hour tear down time (11:30 PM -12:30 AM). Set up and tear down time allows the Licensee and Caterer to dismantle and remove all supplies, equipment, materials, and trash from the barn, porches and immediate area unless otherwise agreed in writing. Additional, full hourly fees will be charged for any part of an hour that exceeds the 5.5 hours limit for evening events. Additional rental hours may be purchased at five-hundred dollars ($500.00) per hour including staffing fee.
5) WEDDING EVENTS. Weddings are subject to additional policies and procedures that are outlined in “Rental Policies”
6) SECURITY. Security guards are required at all events when alcohol is served and during evening events. Hollin-Avery LTD will hire security guards according to the number required for the event as specified in “Rental Rules and Vendors list” and include the expense in the total amount of fees to be paid before the event.
7) PHOTOGRAPHY. Licensee is responsible for hiring and paying the photographer.
8) USES RESTRICTIONS. The Alegria Barn name may not be used except in invitations as the location for the event. The Alegria Barn may not be used for any purpose other than as specified in “Rental Rules and Vendors list”. All pertinent information regarding the events must be submitted to the Hollin-Avery LTD event manager for approval at least thirty (30) days prior to the event. Management reserves the right to reject any aspect of the event in its sole discretion
CATERING & RENTALS
1) CATERERS. All food must be prepared and served by a professional caterer. Any caterer not adhering to the rental rules will be removed from the vendor list. Hollin-Avery, LTD does not provide any catering equipment. The Cater is responsible for any equipment rented for their use.
2) TABLES AND CHAIRS. Standard tables and chairs are included in the rental fee. If different styles of chairs are desired the Licensee must contact a rental company, make arrangements and pay for rentals. Management is not responsible for pick up or delivery. Rental company must deliver equipment during set-up hours, no exceptions.
3) SET-UP. Licensee must notify the events manager of the time Licensee anticipates arriving to begin setting up for the event. The placing of any equipment, tables, chairs and/or decorations is not permitted without permission of the events manager. Dragging of tables across the floor is prohibited. Decorations may not be attached in such a way so as to harm or leave any type of damage or mark on the property. All information regarding decoration set up must be submitted to management.
4) CLEAN UP. Licensee and Caterer are responsible for the total clean-up of the event areas used, including removal of trash from Alegria Barn.
5) ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES. Licensee and Caterer or Bar Service company must comply with all County and State laws regulating the distribution of alcoholic beverages. Licensee and Caterer will not serve liquor to minors or anyone who is intoxicated.
IDEMNIFICATION AND INSURANCE
1) LICENSEE COVENANTS NOT TO SUE AND AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND, individually or collectively HOLLIN-AVERY LTD, employees, volunteers and/or representatives (“Releasees”) from and against any and all costs, claims, liens, damages, losses, expenses, fees, attorney’s fees, fines, penalties, proceedings, actions, demands, causes of action, liability, and suits of any kind and nature, including but not limited to, personal or bodily injury, death and property damage, or failure to comply with federal, state, and county laws, ordinances, or rules, threatened or made upon the Releasees, or any of them, arising out of, resulting from, or concerning Licensee’s use of the Alegria Barn (the “Claim”).
2) It is the express intent of the parties to this Agreement that the obligations imposed by this Agreement include the RELEASE of and obligation to IDEMMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND the Releasees or any of them from the CONSEQUENCES OF HIS, HER OR ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE.
3) Licensee shall advise the Hollin-Avery LTD management promptly in writing of any Claim and shall investigate and defend any Claim at Licensee’s expense. Any Releasee may at his, her or its option and expense participate in the defense of a Claim without relieving Licensee of any of his, her, or its obligations.
4) Licensee must provide proof of commercial general liability insurance acceptable to Hollin-Avery LTD management in its sole discretion with a combined single limit of $1,000.000 per occurrence and $2,000.000 annual aggregate naming Hollin-Avery LTD as additional insureds.
General Information and Guidelines for Client and Vendors
Hollin-Avery LTD is pleased to make available certain areas of the 200 acre Alegria Ranch for special use by the public. In order to protect the 200+ year old interior of the barn and the surrounding environment, all Licensees their guests and independent contractors are expected to be aware of and abide by the following guidelines.
- Alegria Barn is not available Easter Sunday,Thanksgiving Day, December 24th and 25th.
- Alegria Barn is rented “as is”. Many of the barn’s facilities include antique furniture, art work, benches, outdoor furniture, plants and trees. These assets are not to be in any way moved, removed, changed, altered or destroyed.
- Daytime events are scheduled between the hours of 9:00AM-5:00PM. Evening events are scheduled between 6:00PM-11:30PM. Additional time must be approved by the management and an additional fee shall be charged.
- Golf carts and other vehicles owned by Hollin-Avery LTD may not be used by the renter. Renters and vendors are allowed to drive in designated areas only for loading and unloading purposes.
- Clean-up of the facility, including trash removal is the renter’s responsibility. All beverages and foods must be removed immediately following the event. Client should make arrangements with the caterer to ensure this is done. Trash bags and cans are provided by the venue. Recycling is strongly encouraged. The rental area including restrooms should be “policed” for stray cups, plates, napkins, etc., left by guests. Under no circumstances should trash i.e. cups, plates or napkins be thrown in the creek or grassy areas. Nothing including water or ice is to be dumped on grass, flowers or shrubs.
- Dancing is permitted indoors and/or outdoors. Dancing is not permitted in the upstair loft area.
- Electrical service and lighting are limited in many areas. If additional electrical or lighting is desired, a plan must be submitted in writing and approved by management. Management is responsible for arranging and supervising additional services. The rental party is responsible for paying for these additional services.
- Pets are not permitted on the grounds, except for service animals in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Smoking is permitted out of doors in designated areas.
- Any renter seeking to use the Alegria Barn for an event will assume full responsibility for the conduct of all persons attending the event. The renter will be responsible for any damage done to the premises by the renter’s guests or independent contractors. All clients will be required to conduct the event in an orderly manner in full compliance with all applicable laws, codes, rules and regulations. Failure to comply with rules and guidelines set by Hollin-Avery LTD may result in the forfeit of the security deposit.
- No use is permitted of the names Alegria Barn or Hollin-Avery LTD except as a location for the Licensee’s event or activity.
- Guests are allowed in specific areas only as designated by management. Because of limited lighting in many areas beyond the porches all guests are discouraged against venturing down to the creek after dark. Crossing over the dam to adjacent private property is not allowed.
- Any requested variations from the standard rental policy or other special considerations of exemptions must be submitted in writing and approved by the manager. A copy of the approved exception must be on file. Staff is instructed to allow only such special considerations as are contained in signed documents. No verbal agreements are valid.
- Violation of the rental policy for use of the Alegria Barn may result in cancellation of event without refund of security deposit or rental fees, and may preclude applicant from future use of the facilities. Failure to comply with rules and guidelines set by Hollin-Avery LTD may result in the forfeit of the security deposit.
- Management is present during wedding rehearsal and/or photo sessions. These are complimentary days included in the rental and are allowed during normal business hours. Rehearsal is limited to 1.5 hours. Photo session is limited to a one-time 2-hour session. Plan accordingly as being tardy counts against scheduled session.
- Management is present for all events and scheduled to be present during all set up and tear down time. Management’s role is to protect the integrity of the facility. They are present to help with questions and to make sure all facility guidelines and rules are being met. In no way is the manager an event coordinator or wedding planner.
- Staff will assist by arranging tables and chairs as desired by client one time only. Wedding planner, event coordinator or bride must be present to confirm furniture placement. Moving of furniture inside or outside more than once will be an additional cost.
- Archway for wedding ceremony (if desired) will be set up by Alegria staff.
- Security Staff is scheduled for all evening events and events serving alcohol. Management will arrange for one Security Guard per 50 guests and is billed to Licensee at thirty dollars ($30.00) per hour according to the event’s contracted time with a three-hour minimum. Security guards are scheduled up to one (1) hour before and up to one (1) hour after the event rental time.
DAYTIME RENTALS (See price list for rental fees)
- Daytime rentals are allowed to set up 1.5 hours prior to the event and allowed one hour for tear down. Caterer, entertainment, decorators, florist and arrival of any rental equipment should all be scheduled within that time frame. Any exceptions to the set-up schedule must be approved by management in writing. Verbal agreements are not valid.
- Professional caterer must be hired if food is served. TABC qualified bartender(s) must be hired if alcohol is served.
EVENING RENTALS (See price list for rental fees)
- Evening rentals are allowed four (4) hours set up time (1:00PM-5:00PM) and one (1) hour tear down time. Tear down can be as late as 11:30PM-12:30AM. Caterer, entertainment, decorators, florist and arrival of any rental equipment should all be scheduled within that time frame.
- Professional caterer must be hired if food is served. TABC certified bartender(s) must be hired.
- Alegria Barn (Hollin-Avery LTD) does not hold a liquor or beer and wine license and does not provide alcohol. All alcohol must be purchased or provided by Licensee or caterer. Management is not responsible for storage of alcohol prior to the event.
- Non-profit organizations must note: TABC does not allow donated alcohol to be sold during the event. Please do not ask management to make any exceptions. Anyone serving alcohol must be TABC certified.
- A Tenant User Liability Insurance Policy can be purchased through your insurance agent. Proof of coverage must be presented to management one week prior to your event. No exceptions.
DÉCOR AND SET UP/TEAR DOWN
- Decorations are limited to table decorations and/or free standing displays or signs. No nails, screws, zip ties, fishing line, push pins metal hooks, adhesives, scotch tape or other material of any such nature may be driven into or placed on any interior or exterior wall, tree or fixture.
- No open flames allowed except for candles in hurricane holders and votives only. The flame must be 1” below the rim of the holder.
- Throwing of or use of the following items in decoration is prohibited indoors and outdoors. Rice, confetti, potpourri and glitter. Flower petals and birdseed are allowed outdoors.
- All rental equipment may be delivered the day of the event. For a Daytime event rentals need to be removed the day of the event. For an Evening event all rentals should be removed the following day. If the event is scheduled for a Saturday or Sunday arrangements should be made to remove rentals the Monday after the event. Please schedule this with Alegria Barn manager. Hollin-Avery LTD is not responsible for loss of or damage to rental items.
- Set-up for evening events may begin no earlier than four (4) hours prior to the event. Tear down for evening events is allowed up to one hour after the conclusion of the event. Additional time for tear down may be purchased at two hundred-fifty dollars ($250.00) per hour.
- Hollin-Avery LTD does not hold a liquor or beer and wine license.
- Alcohol must be served by a TABC certified bartender(s) over the age of 18 years old.
- Only non-profit organizations may use a TABC certified volunteer(s) to serve beverages. Hiring a TABC certified bartender is preferred.
- Alcohol may not be stored onsite prior to or after the event.
- Client is responsible for making delivery arrangements for the alcohol
- Guests may not bring in outside alcohol.
- The legal drinking age in Texas is 21 years old. Security guards will ask anyone not following the law to leave the venue and will be escorted outside property gate.
DEPOSITS AND REFUNDS
- The security deposit, rental deposit, and a signed Rental Agreement are required to confirm a reservation. Half of the rental fee is due 30 days after signing the agreement. The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to your event. Full payment of security deposit and rental fee is required if event is scheduled and held within 30 days of reservation.
- In the event of cancellation less than 60 days prior to your event date, the entire rental fee deposit, security deposit, rental fees and any other fees paid are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- In the event of cancellation made MORE than 60 days prior to your event date the rental deposit is non-refundable however the security deposit, rental fees and other fees paid are returned.
- A separate payment is required for the security deposit and is fully REFUNDABLE except in the case of cancellation, if property damage occurs during the event, or unexpected services are provided for the event (i.e. additional staff time).
- Security deposits will be refunded after your event and up to 30 business days.